Wednesday 17 December 2014

BLOGMAS: DAY 17 - CHOCOLATE BISCUITS

Hey people, how’s life? Today I made some chocolate biscuits for my friends as Christmas presents and I thought you lovely people might also like to know how to make them, so here it is – chocolate chip cookies dipped in dark chocolate, mmmmm.

You shall be needing:

85g butter
1 egg
100g sugar
200g flour
175g good quality dark chocolate broken into smallish pieces
1 tsp. bicarb


Firstly preheat your oven to 150°C, then line a baking tray with parchment paper or a tray liner.

Next put your butter and sugar, and, you've guessed it, cream until pale and combined.



Now add the egg and beat together, it may curdle but as per usual in these instructions just ignore that.



Then add your flour, bicarb and 75g of the chocolate, mix until completely combined, then turn out onto a flour surface and if you want to shape it just roll it out but I just rolled the mixture between my hands and flattened them out, then put them on the baking sheet and into the oven for 10-15 mins or until golden brown.






Once that’s done, melt your chocolate, this can be done when there in the oven it doesn’t matter, I did mine over a bain-marie, which is just a heat proof bowl (with the chocolate in) over a pan of just boiling water until the chocolate melts, or you can do yours in the microwave.




When the chocolate melted and your biscuits are out the oven you just dip them, how you do it is up to you, but I just half dipped mine as they will be quite rich with all the dark chocolate in them.



Hope you liked this, I am giving these to people for Christmas as I thought that would be really sweet. I am going to leave you with these yummy hot chocolate I made to help me get through waiting for my photos to upload (yes they take that long), and it is just the YUMMYIEST thing ever.

Lots and lots of love Tavi xxxxxx






No comments:

Post a Comment