Friday 16 January 2015

The Mirror of Representation

When you look in the mirror what do you see? Sometimes I look in the mirror and the person I see staring back at me just isn’t me, so why do I feel like this? Why can’t I even recognise myself anymore? Maybe it’s because the person I see isn’t who I want to see, what I want to see, what I want others to see and I think that there is an aspect that makes me feel like that but a waste majority of why I can’t see the person I see in the mirror as myself is simply because of the way society portrays girls and what we should see.
I wear hardly any makeup, only mascara and concealer, and I really have no idea why I even wear that, I mean why do we feel the need to wear makeup when our faces our beautiful, if no one wore makeup and it didn’t exist would we all feel really self-conscious and not want to go out, probably not because if something doesn’t exist we don’t think about what life would be like with it. For 100’s of years women (and men) have felt the need to hide under themselves, yes makeup is an art but it can also be used for other reasons, why should I feel the need to cover up my spots if there only natural, I don’t cover up my hair or my body so why should I feel the need to cover up this tiny aspect of my body.

This had me thinking is this why I don’t recognise myself is this why I see an unknown body holding my own special personality? Because if it is then I need to fix that, so I took of my makeup and looked in the mirror and saw a person I knew even less.

***

The reason I saw someone I knew less? Because I doubted myself and you can’t get anywhere without believing in yourself, we all just need to stop not believing and start seeing that no matter who we see in the mirror it is you, and you can be whoever you want to be if one day you want to see yourself as courage’s and beautiful do so, because I am sure it is true, if you want to see yourself as a kind caring, pretty human being, then also do so because I am sure you are. Don’t be what others want to see, be who you want to be, because you are the only person judging yourself and remember that.
Thank you all for reading,
Octavia xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment