Wednesday 5 July 2017

The Nature Effect

I've always had a fascination with plants and the environment around me. As a child I would pick flowers and crush flowers, I even had a massive book for identifying flowers which I would spend hours looking at and I still do. My Father and I loved gardening and we were very fortunate in the fact that we had a massive garden and so we had an acre of land which we would plant everything on. Unfortunately we no longer live there and we rent the house out and the new owners have let our beautiful garden go wild. I remember that as child I once went to the school fair and they were selling some shrubs. I went up to them and told them the names of all the plants that they had on their stall and they were shocked that 9 year old knew the names to so many plants so for me I know it has always been a very large part of my life.

For me nature I believe that nature is such a big part of everyone's happiness and that plants seem to make people so much happier. For a lot of people it's a subconscious thing because they only have a dying mint plant for the shops and that's the extent of their plants and these people don't realise or appreciate the beauty and happiness that plants and wildlife brings to them. For others, such as myself, whenever i go out i find myself observing and taking in every plant I see.

Why discuss plants? I just think that many people don't appreciate them and they fall into the former category. The beauty that plants are able to create is amazing and they form such a large part of the planet and we rely on them so much yet many seem to dismiss them, without plants we would not be alive.

I wrote this because I was sat on my terrace outside my house surrounded by many beautiful plants and recently I don't feel as though I have been appreciating them as much as I should. It may seem stupid because of course plants can't hear us but it is still good to knowing accept that plants, wildlife and nature surround us and by seeing accepting the beauty and the necessity of plants we can change our state of mind and obtain a more peaceful and calming state of mind.
  
All my love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment